It is a good idea to have a nest egg of savings to take care of your home’s unexpected problems. However, you might be able to avoid these major problems by following this most common home’s maintenance checklist and prevent costly repairs in the long run:
Monthly Home Maintenance
- Check your HVAC system filters.
- Look for leaks in the toilets and sinks.
- Check grout and caulking.
- Clean or replace (if needed) kitchen vent hood filter.
- Check the smoke detectors and change the batteries if needed.
Yearly Home Maintenance
Just like everyone else, your house and its components get older every year. Here are a few annual maintenance tasks you can do to help your home age gracefully:
- Clean dryer’s exhaust
- Lubricate door springs
- Spot for signs of termites
- Clean septic tank
Winter Home Maintenance
- Cold air slipping around doors and windows can result in higher heating bills. Eliminate it by applying a little caulk.
- Close foundation vents during the winter months, as closing them can help lower your heating costs.
- Protect your outdoor air conditioning units from snow and ice by covering them.
Spring Home Maintenance
- It is the best time to call on your trusted and reliable HVAC technicians to have your systems tuned up.
- Inspect your roof for snow and ice, as it can damage shingles and lead to leaks.
- Check the gutters for ice buildup, as it can create drainage issues and damage the foundation.
Summer Home Maintenance
- Trim the grass and clean other blockages around outdoor HVAC units.
- Inspect the decks.
- Check the pipes for any cracks, soft spots, and other signs of trouble.
- Inspect the foundation and crawlspace that may need repair.
Fall Home Maintenance
- Inspect your HVAC systems
- Turn off outside faucets, hose bibs, and other exterior water supply and drain to prevent freezing.
- Inspect the fireplace
- Clean and check the gutters and pipeline
Keeping Your Home Safe, Secure, and Functional For A Lifetime
If you are planning to live in your home for a very long time, the said homeowner’s maintenance checklist stated above will ensure you have a safer, secured, and fully functional home. However, even how well-cared your home, there will come a time wear and tear can happen and needs immediate and reliable service repair.
When it comes to the only one-stop-shop service company that you can depend on with your home’s repair and service needs, American Service Alliance is the name you can trust! We have a team of fully qualified plumbers, HVAC & ADC experts, electricians, and appliance technicians that can attend to your needs! Whether you need oven repair, refrigerator repair, air conditioning installation, heating maintenance, furnace repair, dryer vent cleaning, air duct cleaning, sewer cleaning, drain installation, electrical rewiring services, outlet repair, or more, give us a call!